Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Problem with a button over a pass-through button.

Hello again!

I´m facing a problem with the pass-through property in a button of a TPI-DVI:

SITUATION:
Button A fills the panel screen and has the pass-through activated.
Button B is a small button over Button A with touch-style: Active touch, not pass-through

PROBLEM:
If i push Button B, the push event fires correctly but also fires the Button A pass-through, like if the push action passes-through Button B and Button A.

Is there any reason for that behavior?
Thanks!!!

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Fat fingers maybe? :)

Button A shouldn't initiate a push since it's set to pass through and cuz you didn't push it. Is the feedback type set to channel or none on btn A and is the button channel number set on btn A. Maybe you just getting feedback on button A from the push of btn B.
  • MorgoZMorgoZ Posts: 116
    Thanks for the answer.

Button A is with no channel and no address, so no push event or feedback, it is just a big pass-through button.
    The problem is that when Button B is pushed, the Button A under it launches the pass-through.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    What does 'launches the pass through' mean? Pass through just means the button(s) underneath the pass through button can be pushed.

So for example if both button A and B are both push enabled and Button A lies on top of Button B, you can never push button B.

But if button B is a pass through and it lies on top of button A, when you hit button A, you'll get the push message even though there is something over the top of it.
    Yes,

"Launches the pass-through" means that with a TPI interface, if a button is pass-throgh enabled, you can simulate left-click button on a PC connected to an USB extender, as if a touch at the screen was a click on the PC.
    So, with "launches" i mean that the "click event" at the PC is executed correctly.

Reminding the problem:

Button A IS pass-through
    Button B is NOT pass-through.
    Button B is OVER Button A.

Touching Button B fires Button B´s push event AND fires a pass-through event at Button A (a click on the remote PC), as if Button B would be pass-through enabled, but it isn´t.

I know it´s confusing, thanks for your patient and sorry about my english.

Maybe it´s just a bug at the TPI firmware......

Thanks!!!
    Ok i´ve found the error.

It was my mistake, i was setting the pass-through at the "general" tab of the button, but there was a "Video touch pass-through" option at the "states" tab that was the good one. And also, i was using the "PPS" command instead of the "^BOS" (the good one) to activate/deactivate the pass-through at the buttons.....

Anyway, a series of unfortunate events.

So sorry for the confusing post.
    Now everything is correct.
    Thanks!!!!