Tandberg TC v1_3_1_dr1_0_0 requiring xml

Working with a C60 using the Tandberg_TC_v1_3_1_dr1_0_0 module, my program loses control of the C60 if the C60 is shutdown and rebooted after the AMX controller has been powered up.

The only thing that I've been able to see consistantly is that after the C60 is rebooted, all the return API strings are in standard ASCII, where as after the AMX Controller reboots and the Tandberg_TC module sees an Online event, it seems the module is throwing a command to the C60 to force it into responding in XML.

It seems the Tandberg_TC module needs the C60 response strings to be in XML, and if they're not the module decides it doesn't want to talk with the C60 until it starts sending XML.

Am I correct in this discovery? And if so, is there a command that I can convince the module to cooperate or the C60 to start transmitting in XML? I've search both AMX and Cisco forums, along with scouring both API guides, and have found nothing other than registering the C60 with an XML server.

Any guidance on this subject would be appreciated. We have 60 racks with NI-4100's and either C40's or C60's, and this problem could be systemic if the building they are all being installed in has power issues.

Comments

  • AMXJeffAMXJeff Senior Member Posts: 450
    jbhav683 wrote: »
    Any guidance on this subject would be appreciated. We have 60 racks with NI-4100's and either C40's or C60's, and this problem could be systemic if the building they are all being installed in has power issues.

    If you send a REINIT command, that should get it working again. Have you tried that?
  • jbhav683jbhav683 Junior Member Posts: 5
    AMXJeff wrote: »
    If you send a REINIT command, that should get it working again. Have you tried that?

    Jeff, thank you for the idea. I have tried sending the REINIT, and this does get the module and the codec back in sync. However, I can't seem to find a place to put this command that will run automaticaly, should the codec get rebooted or not respond to the first inits of the module after a controller reboot. The DATA_EVENT-ONLINE seems only to be for the COMM port coming online and not a response to the first data communication to the connected device.

    Do you know of anyplace that can setup the REINIT command to reinitialize communication to the codec that will happen automaticaly when the codec is powered after the control system has run through its init process?

    Thank you for your help.
    ~JOHN~
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Junior Member Posts: 2,154
    jbhav683 wrote: »
    Do you know of anyplace that can setup the REINIT command to reinitialize communication to the codec that will happen automaticaly when the codec is powered after the control system has run through its init process?
    I haven’t used this module before but you might want to try monitoring the online/offline events of the Duet virtual device. Unlike Netlinx virtual devices, Duet virtual devices can and will go offline. You can also monitor the on/off events for channels 251 (Device is online) and 252 (Data is initialized.) Just a thought…
  • jbhav683jbhav683 Junior Member Posts: 5
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    I haven’t used this module before but you might want to try monitoring the online/offline events of the Duet virtual device. Unlike Netlinx virtual devices, Duet virtual devices can and will go offline. You can also monitor the on/off events for channels 251 (Device is online) and 252 (Data is initialized.) Just a thought…

    Joe, that's another good idea and something I haven't thought to look into. thank you.

    I all morning, while updating other parts of my code, I've been tracking the ONLINE/OFFLINE events of the device and it's associated virtuals. At no point when the Codec decides it wants to go back into ASCII, away from XML, output does any device register as OFFLINE. Humph.

    I'll monitor 251 & 252 to see if they can help with live correction of this issue. I'll let you know what I find.

    Thank you.
    John.
Sign In or Register to comment.