Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

HDMI Overlay

Curious if anyone knows a device to overlay icons/text/video onto a HDMI signal.

We would like to have an onscreen menu popup over a video image (via HDMI) for navigation. Similar to other control systems ???

Obviously, we can use a controller to switch HDMI inputs on a switcher and use a TPI-PRO to create the onscreen menu; but we would like the menu to overlay on the video being shown.

Thoughts???

THANKS!

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I cannot remember which video processor chip Savant uses for their overlay but it's commercially available and not that expensive. It does exactly what you describe up to 4 layers. (I think...)

I also think you could look at Analog Way or Grass Valley for a solution. Their not going to be cheap.
  • Options
    jimmywjimmyw Posts: 112
    http://www.adafruit.com/products/609
    pipe it to an existing web page with a custom css, and you can have everything your heart desires, warning, these will be out of stock soon, last week they had over 500 in stock
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I have a neTV on the way - will try that...
    Also trying to find info on how Savant does their overlay - having a rough time with that one...

If anyone else has suggestions, please pass them along. I'm going to attack this from many angles and see which performs best.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Savant uses a Mac mini in their on-screen display controller; same as the host controller but with some other hardware for the video in/out.