Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Difference AXB-MPE And AXB-MPE+

bobbob Posts: 296
Hi there,

anyone know the difference between this two Axcess Master Port Expander?

Thanks,
Bob.

Comments

• vincenvincen Posts: 526
    I think the only difference is type of master card present in it. First generation of Axcess master cards was AXC-M, then it became AXC-EM (E for Extended). I think it's the same for AXB-MPE was with original AXC-M, and AXB-MPE+ was with AXC-EM.

Just my 2 cents idea

Vinc
  • bobbob Posts: 296
    Thanks, Vinc?n!
  • GarthvaderGarthvader Posts: 23
    Has anyone ever used a AXB-MPE+ as a slave connected to a netlinx system?
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Garthvader wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used a AXB-MPE+ as a slave connected to a netlinx system?

To use any Axcent master as a NetLinx slave, you have to disable the master in the Axcent device. In a regular Axcent master, you connect via terminal, and set the base ID to a non-zero value:
    In order to get the Axcent 3 into slave mode simply go into either terminal in Netlinx Studio or HyperTerminal and type: "Set Base Device Number [number]". The number can be any number you want. Whatever the number is, other than 1, the Axcent 3 will enter slave mode and start numbering its devices beginning with the number you selected. Keep in mind that once you set the Axcent 3 into slave mode the programming will be cleared. At this point the Axcent 3 will act like any other Axcess device and the LED will only blink if the Axcent 3 is hooked up to another master over Axlink.

EX: If you type "Set Base Device Number 30". The Axcent 3's first RS232 port will start at 30 and the rest of the ports on the Axcent 3 will follow suit.

In order to get the Axcent 3 back to a master after it has been set to a slave simply type : "Set Base Device Number 1". This will make the first RS232 port start numbering at 1 and also make the Axcent 3 enter master mode.

I have no idea if this will work with and MPE, but it's worth a shot. As far as I know, it's the same master as an Axcent3.
  • cwpartridgecwpartridge Posts: 120
    The AXB-MPE+ will not work as a slave since it has an Axcess master who wants to control the Axlink bus. There was a product called the AXB-SPE which would work, but required an RJ11 jack to "server expansion." The early NetLinx masters (NXC-MPEs and the ME260s) have an "expansion out" port that works with an SPE. The NI series products do not.