Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

AMX IR Learner

Hi im new to this so be gentle not sure if anyone can help

Ive installed a Vision Techconnect TC2-AMP2 amp and im trying to control it with a AMX 6 push button panel Y2006

Ive learnt the IR codes with the 8350 learner, uploaded them but only some of them work
Ive learnt it over and over again and still i cannot control it fully

Im not using RS232 as there isnt a connection otherwise i would have

Comments

• Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    The 8350 is a pretty old IR learner c. 2006 which was superceded by the IRIS quite some time ago. I can't vouch for the reliability of the codes it captures.

There are other, smaller, cheaper IR learners on the market these days which can be used with IREdit (by generating CCF codes which can be imported). Do a search for USB-UIRT - you may want to consider getting your hands on one to see if they capture the codes more reliably.
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Auser wrote: »
    There are other, smaller, cheaper IR learners on the market these days which can be used with IREdit (by generating CCF codes which can be imported). Do a search for USB-UIRT - you may want to consider getting your hands on one to see if they capture the codes more reliably.
    Yep definitively don't go IRIS and IREdit way, both crappy and outdated ! Go the USB-UIRT way, it costs lot less, smaller, works in usb (not serial port), no need of external bulky power supply. You'll find here in forum link to download a freeware that works with USB-UIRT and allows you to save your capture directly in AMX format, works like a charm and with all benefits ;)

Vincèn