Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

URC MSC400 and NI processor?

I have a job that started as a combo system, and now I am looking for workarounds. The main system is an NI4000 with RF antennas, R2s, 2 MVP8400s. This controls most of the rooms in the house (rooms 1-8). The guest bedrooms and other common areas are controlled by an msc400 and mx900s. They were completely separate systems originally, but I have started merging the two. I have been using the amx ir codes in the mx900s to trigger room macros so that the mx900s can be used in addition to the touchpanels, since they are rather large for everyday use. My question is this - can the MSC400 take a serial command IN from the NI4000 and then send out an IR command or macro? I am trying to change all of the ir-controlled tvs' ir routing, since I have run out of IR ports on the master. I would like to control the tvs with the msc400, since I only need discrete power on/off and a single input command. This will free up my IR ports for source devices that require way more commands. Is this possible? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    vegastechvegastech Posts: 369
    Found what I needed. Or rather, didn't need. It seems that the MSC400 will NOT accept serial commands to then trigger events. It will only accept rf commands to do such, according to some other website forums. Bummer.