Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

NI-2100 - All LEDs lighted

I was trying to load a new CF card to an NI 2100, but after loading the CF card , all the LEDs are lit up now. I am talking about link/act, status , input and output. In the troubleshooting section of the user manual, it says if all lit up, then the os is booting up.

Does it mean the CF card got corrupted. Does anybody have an image of a NI-2100.

Comments

• Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    If you open it up again, is there an LED lit on the actual board? They call it the "RMA" light. ;)

I'd bet even if you throw in a new card, it won't fix the problem - but I hope I'm wrong!
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    How did you format and prepare the CF Card ? you can't just replace the CF by a new one ? You need to copy image of a regular NI CF card because the card contains OS and files needed by NI to work ;)
  • Options
    ajish.rajuajish.raju Posts: 185
    Update

Thanks for the support. The mistake i made is that i removed the screws on the sides instead of the ones on top.

Now when the screws are removed and the controller is connected to the CF card, the controller is working normally . If i screw them back, the controller is in a frozen stage (all leds on).
  • Options
    ajish.raju wrote: »
    Thanks for the support. The mistake i made is that i removed the screws on the sides instead of the ones on top.
    Now when the screws are removed and the controller is connected to the CF card, the controller is working normally . If i screw them back, the controller is in a frozen stage (all leds on).
    Are you sure you screw it back correctly as it looks like you bend the board when you screw it and preventing electronic omponents on it working correctly !
  • Options
    pdabrowskipdabrowski Posts: 184
    I wouldn't say its bending the board, but there may be a longer screw somewhere shorting out a track on the board.

Happened to me years ago on an alarm movement detector and spent about 2 months trying to track down the cause until I realised that my offsider changed the sensor over and used a larger screw to fix the case, hence there was a short that manifested itself into false activations.
  • Options
    ajish.rajuajish.raju Posts: 185
    Thanks for the support. It was a case of the screws touching the circuit and short circuiting it. I was able to screw it properly and now its working fine.
  • Options
    ajish.raju wrote: »
    Thanks for the support. It was a case of the screws touching the circuit and short circuiting it. I was able to screw it properly and now its working fine.
    Lucky man it didn't damage the electronic :)
  • Options
    vincen wrote: »
    Lucky man it didn't damage the electronic :)
    Or shock yourself! I can only imagine that tech support call...

"AMX Tech Support. How can I help you? ... What seems to be the problem with your NI-2100? ... You say you electrocuted someone with it? ... Yeah, that's not covered under the warranty. ... No, I'd recommend you just call an ambulance..."