Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

EAW DX1208 "Bucket Net" control protocol

I'm attempting to control an EAW DX1208 DSP via RS232. I have done a loop through an AMX box and attempted to capture the data that I need coming from EAW's DX Navigator software, but the software sends out too much data (meter level requests?) to capture the bits that I need. I'm just looking to control the MUTE functions of each input/output as well as the FADER of each. The control protocol specs are beyond me at this point specifically the checksum portion. The messsage checksum and the header checksum both require - "The 16-bit message/header checksum is computed by taking the 1's compliment of the sum of the bytes in the data/header segment (including the message checksum for the header checksum). (And so has a value of 0xFFFF if 'LENGTH' is 0.)" The link to the full protocol is listed below

http://www.eaw.com/info/EAW_Commercial/Digital_Products/DX1208/DX1208_RS-232_Control_Protocol_v1002.pdf

If anyone has used/programmed for this device before any help would be appreciated especially on calculating the checksum. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    The ones' compliment simply means flipping the bits. In a program you can acheive this by XORing the sum in question with $FF, e.g.
        00001101 = $0D
    XOR 11111111 = $FF
        11110010 = $F2