Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

IP_String -> Mobotix

hi
does anyone tryed to send ip-strings for alarm--events to a mobotix webcam?
when i send any string from a 3rd party tool it works, but from amx system it doesn't works.
i try udp and tcp.

any ideas?

john

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Unless there's an API that specifies how the IP connection is handled you'll probably need to use WireShark and see how that 3rd Party app is doing it.
  • Options
    hi
    thanks for reply.
    i have some ip connections programed on the same ni, without any problmes.
    only connections to my mobotix won't work. the mobotix need's no specific pattern, i configure it, to
    take pictures by any string they receive.
    but with amx, i found no way.....

thanks
    pat
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Just cuz you have some IP devices working already doesn't mean this particaular IP device (camera) doesn't have some convoluted connection requirement that the 3rd party app is using during its session. My thinking is it may be HTTP and you may need to track a session ID, maybe do MD5 encryption for a user/pass or some other convoluted thing. Do you know what port to connect on and what the protocol is? HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, Telnet, TCP, UDP................. Unless you have documentation that specifically tells you the protocol, port and the syntax to use you have to sniff the connection between the 3rd party app and the device to see how the app is doing it.