Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum
Options

Integra Receivers via RS-232 non Duet

I have a job with 4 Integra Receivers that I need to control, but after looking at the AMX Duet modules and their code dependencies, I decided to see if anyone out there has a simpler module that can be used via RS-232. All I need is discrete Power, inputs and volume feedback to show on a bargraph. I don't want to use the AMX Duet modules because the overhead they will impose on the system. I would appreciate if anyone could share a simpler module to control the Integras via RS-232.

Thanks,

Ricardo

Comments

• Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Here is one I wrote myself a while ago. This is for a DTR 6.8 - different models have slightly different sets of inputs I believe so you will want to check against the instruction manual.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    If you want to simplify more, eliminate the feedback, but send discrete volume levels (not just up and down). No need to ask the receiver what volume you just sent it or what input you just put it on... just do one way control, and simultaneously put that on your panel display.

The only downside is that if the user operates the receiver manually, your panel won't show it. In our experience, that's seldom an issue if your control system is satisfying. Often the receiver is in a cabinet or rack, away from their hands anyway. If you are sending discrete volume increments, the next touch on the panel will bring it back to correct anyway.

What if the receiver doesn't actually do what you tell it? It means it isn't working anyway, probably isn't turning on or changing inputs, and you need service. The feedback failing would be the least of your problems.