Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Recommended Routers for ICSP

Greetings,

I am wondering if anyone has any specific advice for routers to get or to avoid for ICSP (port 1319) usage. I put in a system in a facility that has a D-Link 604. I cannot get Studio to talk to the Master across the WAN. Internet Inside and Telnet work fine though.

Thanks.

Comments

• vincenvincen Posts: 526
    You just have to setup a rule in your router so it allows ICSP traffic (TCP traffic on port 1319). Keep in mind you should activate security on your netlinx master so you need login/pass to connect to your master with Netlinx Studio from Internet, so it prevents basic hack of your system.

Hope it helps

Vince
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I have opened port 1319 on the customer's D-Link router, no ICSP communication with studio. I have had no problems with other routers with the same configuration. This is why I am inquiring about other people's results with various routers.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It may be the D-Link. I had to uninstall a bunch of D-Link switches once because they simply would not connect with the Modero panels on the job. The Netgears I replaced them with had no issue.
  • pauldpauld Posts: 106
    Most consumer routers have a feature that will block anonymous internet requests, if this feature is enabled than none of the port fowarding rules will work (as the router will ignore any reqests it gets from the internet). I suggest that this feature is disabled for remote connectivity to a home network.

Or as the others said, it could just be the d-link router.

I hope this helps you.

Paul
  • Also make sure that in Studio you UNCHECK the Ping for availability check box in the Master Comms settings. The router will ignore any connect attempts on 1319 if it is set to TRUE. I've had mixed results with LinkSys however unchecking that almost always enables a remote connection to get through.