Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

NI-900 LEDs KEEP ON BLINKING WHEN I ON.

Hi,

I have a new NI-900, when I put power on it the 3 LED light just keep on blinking.

Is there any problem with my NI-900?

Please help.

Thanks

Comments

• JLambanJLamban Posts: 20
    try the PRD, but still it keeps on blinking.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It's normal for them to blink, but it depends on the way they are blinking whether you have a problem:

That's kind of an old reference, but I don't think they've changed it. The Link light also blinks, but not at a steady rate; it varies with activity.
    Thanks for the reply.

It's been blinking for too long. I keep it ON for almost 1 hour and still it's blinking.
    By the way, the LEDs that keep on blinking are the STATUS, INPUT and OUTPUT.
    Is there any other reason why it keeps on blinking other than the "OS is starting"?
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Might be looking for a network connection. Is the rate about once per second or closer to 3 per second?
    The rate is about 3 per second, i tried to connect to a DHCP server. But when I connect, there no status light on the LAN port and the 3 LED lights on the front still keeps on blinking.
    JLamban wrote: »
    The rate is about 3 per second, i tried to connect to a DHCP server. But when I connect, there no status light on the LAN port and the 3 LED lights on the front still keeps on blinking.

Have you tried to telnet into it using the program port (rs232)? If you get in you can try cleaning the disk and a lot of other things to see what's going on. but honestly, I think I see a call to AMX tech support in your future...
    I haven't try it.

I hope it's not the one they called on the other thread as the "RMA lights"
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    I hope it's not the one they called on the other thread as the "RMA lights"

Nope, the RMA light is a surface mount LED on the board itself. You have to open the case to see it.

If this happen? Is there any way to fix it or you have to send it to AMX?

I tried the all connection, RS-232, IP, telnet... Still it's fast blinking and can not connect to the controller.
    yep,
    time to snd i in.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584

If this happen? Is there any way to fix it or you have to send it to AMX?

I tried the all connection, RS-232, IP, telnet... Still it's fast blinking and can not connect to the controller.

I'm pretty sure it's toast if the power gets interrupted at that point. Part of the firmware goes to the CF card, and another part to non-volatile RAM, and the RAM is where the bootstrap is, do if it gets corrupted, it won't boot.
    It has no CF card, it's all built-in to the board. Any other way to fix it?
    It has no CF card, it's all built-in to the board. Any other way to fix it?

Yes, send it in to AMX.
    Thanks for all your support guys.

The problem was the power supply. Change new power supply and it's working now.