Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

TakeNote on TPI-Pro's

Has anyone had any success implementing a custom TakeNote interface on the TPI-Pro's? By that I mean providing tool selection, undo controls etc other than the default TakeNote sidebar that has the aesthetic qualities of a physically retarded badger.

I've been able to tidy up the display by removing the TakeNote icon from the upper right ('^TNH-<page name>'), hiding the default controls ('@PPF-__takeNoteControls') and then bring up my own popup with a reduced control set. However, this popup always appears underneath the annotation layer. I have also attempted to place my annotation controls on the page so that the can be set with the property 'above popups', true, and using a popup to mask them when annotation is disabled. Unfortunately the annotation layer still appears higher in the z-order and prevents the controls from being used.

Comments

• Options
    rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    I will probably be playing with this very thing sometime in the next couple of weeks as I'll be using TakeNote for the first time in the next job on my list. I'll post back if I figure anything out.

-Ryan
  • Options
    catalinocatalino Posts: 25
    I just got one of these units as a demo unit from AMX, I'll be playing around with it once I get it to play nice with my Samsung panel. I'll keep you posted.
  • Options
    If I understand what you are asking, you simply create a popup w/ the same name as the toolbar with only a single underscore. For instance, you should be able to create a popup named _takeNoteControls (note the single underscore) and build your own control page. The system should use your page any time the controls are popped up.

I think that functionality implemented generically now such that most popups can be customized as needed. Just strip off one leading underscore.
  • Options
    PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Ah wicked. I had forgotten about the single underscore override completely. It doesn't look as though the firmware will show the overridden popup when TakeNote is enabled, but the z-ordering is all good. Thanks.
  • Options
    PhreaK wrote: »
    Ah wicked. I had forgotten about the single underscore override completely.

Fun Fact: Though it's faster (and safer) to access a panel's system page template from "File > Open System Page Template", every panel's touchpanel template is located in "Program Files\Common Files\AMXShare\G4SupportFiles\__system\pages". Though modifying these projects will effect any instance you open the "Open System Page Template" (which is why it's safer to use TP4's command), it doesn't seem to effect the actual built-in pages.

Enjoy!