Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Dynamic Device Discovery - user defined devices

I've been experimenting a lot with dynamic device discovery lately and have come across some odd behavior with the module search. After defining a user defined device and uploading an appropriate module via the web interface (in 'System' > 'Manage Devices' > 'Device Options') I then shoot over to the 'Active Devices' tab and hit search for the device. Now this should search the doc:/unbound directory for a match (the matching algorithm is visible in ModuleActivator.java) and give a list of possibilities on the web interface. You then select the one you want and it gets shifted over to doc:/bound and instantiated. However, whether or not any matches are found appears to be completely dependent on how many goats you have sacrificed in the last 3 hours. I know the module search is doing something because another OSGi bundle which is a dependency for the device module gets shifted across to bound successfully but the matching process seems to be buggy.

I can't get the module search to work reliably - sometimes it will correctly list the matches, other times nothing. This behavior exists regardless off whether it is a module I've written or an AMX one. I've tried to reproduce the problem but can't come up with a series of steps that will 100% work or break. Has anyone else experienced similar behavior?