Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

M2M difficulties

Greetings everyone.

I am having a bit of an issue with a master-to-master configuration. I have used M2M before with little difficulty, so I am baffled as to why this is not working.

Essentially, I have three independent NI processors in a building. One of these controls the paging system. When the system goes into page mode, I want to inform the other two processors so they can also switch to page mode. Easy, right? So I thought.

I defined two virtual devices, one for each of the remote systems. Not all pages go to each of the remotes. (I know I could have done this with just one virtual device, and used a different set of channels for the two systems, but thought this would be easier). These two virtual devices are duplicated exactly in the two remote systems (one in each).

System numbers are correct. URL listings are correct. SHOW NOTIFY & SHOW REMOTE both verify that the virtual devices are set correctly for M2M. No errors are being generated in any of the systems. Both remotes verify as being "online" tot he main.

However, when I pulse a channel to the virtual device on the main system, nothing happens on the remotes. No events, nothing. The diagnostics shows no channels being changed on the remote system. I have played with ports, device numbers, etc. and I still get nothing.

As far as M2M goes, this is a very simple application. Anyone have any ideas? I can post code if necessary but everything is set up as I described.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The virtuals for both systems have to be defined on both masters (your wording says "one of each," and I'm not clear exactly what you mean by that). If you are trying to use a single virtual to operate both, you have to define them both independently, then combine them with a third and do all your operations on the third.
  • Options
    HyyrHyyr Posts: 9
    I got it working.

Actually, it was already working. I had the event handler set as a button event. Set it to a channel event & everything lit right up.

/facepalm

I'm not that bad, really I'm not.

Thanks!