Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Landmark Part II

OK, another quick Landmark question...

90% we will switch to a Netlinx processor, but in reviewing this application, the program in Landmark designer does not match the equipment that is installed. How do I install equipment properly...

For example...there is a relay ouput card in the chassis which shows up in the Equipment tab under "Design". It shows one connection but there are actually two. I go to the "Room" and add the equipment accordingly but I find no place to actually assign it to Relay #2 on the card. It would appear that the attachment wizard may be the secret, but seems like I would have to touch every device in the house.

Any tips?

Thanks...

Comments

• Options
    Landmark Part II

Sonny,

It has been a long .... time since I have done Landmark but I think you need to 'Spec Hardware' next (menu pulldown or F5 shortcut I believe). This will result in Landmark allocating the relay device to one of the open ports on a relay card. If you have more than one available port on a card or more than one relay card with available ports, the device may end up not where you physically wired the relay. You can then move the relay from the port assigned by Landmark to the one you are using physically by going to the Equipment tab. Any time you add a new device, you need to have Landmark 'Spec Hardware' so that it can make appropriate device assignments that you then connect to devices through assignment or through addressing.

Reese
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I can confirm, you need to run the Spec function. There should be a button for it right on the page in the design section under the equipment tab for the card frame connections. It will ask you about deleting things. Don't let it delete anything so existing connections are preserved - choose the "only these items" and uncheck all the boxes. It will assign any devices without a connection, after which you need to drag them to reflect the actual connection.
  • Options
    sonnysonny Posts: 208
    Thanks guys...