Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

SocketConnection Error

Hi,

i have a system with a NEC Projector control via IP.

When i reboot the processor, I was unable to communicate with the device.
Line      1 (13:16:36)::  CICSPTCP Rx connection to 192.168.1.110 has been closed locally or by peer
Line      2 (13:16:36)::  ICSPTCPRx1::CloseSocket: Closing Socket
Line      3 (13:16:54)::  ERROR: NEC_NP600: [] - SocketConnection: createSocket: IO exception
Line      4 (13:16:54)::  ERROR: NEC_NP600: [] - SocketConnection: createSocket: socket create failed
Line      5 (13:16:54)::  NEC_NP600: handleSocketStatus(): socket failed connect

if i disconnect the lan wire on the projector the communication start between the projector and the processor.

I read other post about problem like that and i'm able to ping the projector with the AMX Processor.

Any suggestion from you guys

Thanks.

Comments

• PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Has the issue occurred in an existing (untouched) system or is it one that you are currently developing?
  • RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111
    It is one i'm currently working on.
  • MorgoZMorgoZ Posts: 116
    Hi,

this problem can be because the Master or the Device doesn´t close the socket properly before the reset.
    When you say "reboot the processor", you mean rebooting the Master or the Projector?

In any case,
    First ensure that before you make the reset, the socket is close properly (you know, ip_client_close)

If you can not close the connection properly (maybe a network failure), i suggest to close the connection each time before trying to open a new one:
    ip_client_close(dvDevice.PORT)	 
    ip_client_open(dvDevice.PORT,acIpDevice,23,IP_TCP)