Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Career opportunity in Ohio

I wanted to pass this information along to all of my fellow AMX forum members.

Industrial Video A/V and Broadcast Technician

An industry leading audio/video and broadcast systems company is looking for an experienced technician. For over four decades the company has been at the forefront of selling, designing, and installing advanced audio, video, and broadcast products. This market leader is seeking an energetic professional to expand its capabilities in designing, programming, engineering, installing, and overseeing its projects. The ideal candidate will be able to handle most, if not all, of these qualifications.

The individual will assist salespeople with developing audio video systems, specifically specifying equipment, resolving potential connectivity issues, and determining labor estimates for quotes. The individual will occasionally work with salespeople on client meetings to win new projects and will also work as a project manager to oversee the successful completion of large projects. The ideal individual will also provide programming for audio video systems. Typical systems include Extron, Crestr0n, and AMX. Lastly, the individual would also work on installing complex systems.

An ability to work well with others, provide technical solutions, and past audio video and/or broadcast experience are key considerations of the position. Consideration will be given to an individual that can assist in the company’s own network and information technology system. The technician will be provided with professional training programs for the programming of products. Professional classes and an ability to work under / with leading design professional will be offered. Benefits of the position include a salary and bonus opportunity, health insurance, 401K, and paid time off.

Responsibilities
• Conduct meetings with decision-makers to thoroughly understand client needs and to provide solutions.
• Assist in preparing technical aspects of audio video systems for proposals and bid specifications to strategically win new business.
• Provide estimated labor figures for new business opportunities
• Provide project management and installation for the most complex projects company-wide.
• Conduct programming allowing for a single point of control for audio visual systems.
Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Three or more years in the audio, video, and / or broadcast industry.
• Experience with AMX, Crestr0n, and/or Extron.
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
• Possess strong written and oral English communication skills.
• Be currently authorized to work in the United States.

If interested, please reply to info@ivideo.com

Comments

• Career opportunity in Ohio

This opportunity is still available.
  • Good God, and I thought I wore a lot of hats :eek:
  • That's funny.....but not really.

I've worn so many hats over the years, my head is disfigured!!
  • Project Manager, Programmer, Designer, Installer, Sales Support... you get to do everything except sleep! :p
  • jimmywjimmyw Posts: 112
    That's not that many hats, that sounds like a normal day to me.
  • Industrial Video eh? :) Hi guys. You loose somebody or just trying to expand?