Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Intercom thru VPN

This is really a post for my future reference because I'm a dumb a$$ and I tried and tried to connect a 5200i in my office to a remote system so I can intercom between sites and basically have a full working TP on my desk for this remote system.

I had my VPN connected but I just couldn't connect no matter what I did with the TP's wireless settings so I did a search of the forum for one of my older posts which said I once I had a gateway to gateway VPN it worked just fine. Duh! I was using client (desktop) to the remote gateway which definitely can't work, see, a dumb a$$. So I switched to gateway to gateway but couldn't remember the TP wireless set up and my previous post didn't mention it.

So for future reference use gateway to gateway and on the local TP set up the system settings with the remote master's info (Mode: URL, IP/port of the remote master just as if you were on the remote site). For the wireless setup just use a local IP, mask, DNS, wi-fi, etc and it should connect no problem.

Once connected the intercom and TP will work just as if you at the remote site providing the TP's DEV number is in the program. I've been thinking about adding an additional TP DEV number to systems just for this occasional remote use but so far I haven't since I'm usually happy just vpn'ing into a remote TP but that doesn't allow the intercom feature.

Comments

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Nice. But for clarity, you do mean VNC when you say "vpn'ing" below, right?
    vining wrote: »
    ... since I'm usually happy just vpn'ing into a remote TP but that doesn't allow the intercom feature.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    John Nagy wrote: »
    Nice. But for clarity, you do mean VNC when you say "vpn'ing" below, right?

Yeah normally i just vnc into a remote tp but i still use a vpn connection to do that.