Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

New C4 panel

a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
It appears the new C4 panel will have a camera so you can do video intercom between panels. Does AMX have anything similar to this?
Paul

Comments

• Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    The X series panels have a video camera in them - you can view it from the settings pages. I haven't read anything about how we are supposed to use this camera, however.
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    mpullin wrote: »
    The X series panels have a video camera in them - you can view it from the settings pages. I haven't read anything about how we are supposed to use this camera, however.

I see that you can output 720P video to a PC using the MicroUSB port, but it appears that between panels its mjpeg from what I can tell.
    Paul
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    The newest firmware documentation for the X panels discusses the camera, and mentions some temporary limitations of its use. The implication is that it will be fairly versatile when fully supported.
  • Options
    The current implementation of the camera is to enable the panel as a webcam (the microphone is also exported over the USB port) to connect to a PC for Skype, etc... When the camera is enabled locally (thru a video window) it will be 'disconnected' from the PC side. When the camera is disconnected locally (ie, the video window is closed), it will be reconnected to the PC. This is of course assuming that camera operation has not been disabled completely. It will not be possible to have the camera displaying both on the panel AND on the PC simultaneously.

The current implementation of video (Met-ECom) is mjpeg.