Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

EXTRON Switchers - String Output Format

I have 3 Extron MAV Series switchers that I cam controlling. If I send multiple commands as 1 string, on 2 of the units all of the responses will be returned as a single string/line/response. On the third unit it will send each result as a separate string/line/response. I'm guessing it is a configuration issue, but after digging through the manual and looking at all of the commands, i cannot find the proper command to switch the output format. Does anyone know what this command is?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Unusual issue. Have you called EXTRON?
  • Options
    jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    What do you mean by "single string"? Are the responses actually different, or are they just coming in on multiple STRING events? The timing of STRING events is not guaranteed, and depends on several factors, some of which are essentially random. You should be using buffers and REMOVE_STRING to accumulate responses up to a delimiter, as you may get one STRING event for each character, or one STRING event with 5 responses in it -- there are no guarantees.
  • Options
    mushmush Posts: 287
    jabramson wrote: »
    I have 3 Extron MAV Series switchers that I cam controlling. If I send multiple commands as 1 string, on 2 of the units all of the responses will be returned as a single string/line/response. On the third unit it will send each result as a separate string/line/response. I'm guessing it is a configuration issue, but after digging through the manual and looking at all of the commands, i cannot find the proper command to switch the output format. Does anyone know what this command is?

Thanks.

Could be something to do with verbose mode.
    The string to read the mode is "$1B,'CV',$D".