Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Cisco CGS 435HDC Cable Box IR

Greetings,

Has anyone had issues with Cisco CHS 435HDC cable boxes used by Fios? I don't see any IR files on the website so I am planning on taking my IRIS to the site and capturing.

Any warnings?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The attached file works with every FiOS box I've encountered. There are no discreet on/off commands that I know of, but you can get away with select/exit to turn it on, as when they are powered off, they display on the video output "press Select to watch," (or something of that nature), and the exit will back out of it if the select was not needed. I'm pretty sure though, that they use Motorola boxes around here, not Cisco, but I'm not certain ... you can try thtis file, but be prepared to capture anyway just in case.

Many buttons are context sensitive and seem like they don't do anything unique unless you are in the right context. For example, when just watching TV, the FiOS button and the info button do the same thing, but there are cases when the FiOS button is pulls up a menu instead. I generally play it safe and provide both. Many times I've also noticed that menus and such can take a long time to load, which makes it seem like the button was unresponsive, but if you wait, things happen. But all these are quirks of the box itself.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Thanks Dave. Will test later today.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Turns out that the same commands I use for Motorola cable boxes worked for the Cisco.