Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

First netlinx program

hello I am with AMX, I was still learning to use NetLinx Studio, I'd like to know how to evaluate, I have not yet AMX equipment, but I'd already be able to write programs, how? thank you

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Best way is to get some equipment, and just play around with it (I bought a master to use at home on eBay, even though I was a dealer, it was cheaper for me to get one second-hand. Later I got my boss to buy me an NI-900 to keep on my desk, and I now bench test all my programing before it goes out). The difficulty with your request is that there are so many things that can be done, and it's so difficult to describe how to do it in a forum, that it's pretty near impossible. And if, for example, I were to send you a full program, I seriously doubt you would be able to jump right in and figure it out ... not that I'm so much more advanced than you are as much as different programmers just think differently, and it's very difficult to wrap your head around someone else's work if you aren't already familiar with how they do things.

But if you have made a start on your own, and ask specific questions why something you tried didn't work, or a better way to do it, we can easily help with that.
  • Options
    jabramsonjabramson Posts: 106
    As someone who is also new, I will give you some advice

--You need a master to practice on and some equipment to plug into it. You will also need a touch panel. Both can be picked up on ebay for very cheap (like a NI700 or NI900 controller) and a basic touch panel.
    --Study the programming guides

Even with all of that, it is handy to take the basic training course, or have someone show you the basics. I had to have someone help me to get everything communicating and then I was able to branch out on my own.