Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Netlinx program

please gives me a simple programming code and the expeted result with explication.a good tutorial will welcome. thanks

Comments

• Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    This is exactly what Programmer 1 is for.

Anyone else getting the feeling far too many people, who are not dealers, are getting our software when they shouldn't? I strongly believe AMX needs to implement a licensing mechanism for Studio.

Also, spamming the forum by asking essentially the same question in multiple places won't help you. In fact, it might piss some people off. Call AMX to get a hold of training if you're a dealer. Call AMX to learn how to become one if you're not.
  • Options
    yangouayangoua Posts: 23
    please help

sorry if my question is stupid, in fact my company is in AMX dealer but we do not have any equipment at our disposal, I have already taken online courses, but I love me so I can evaluate how i seen whether there are simulators? thank you if you can help me, I assure you a license to NetLinx Studio
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    yangoua wrote: »
    sorry if my question is stupid, in fact my company is in AMX dealer but we do not have any equipment at our disposal, I have already taken online courses, but I love me so I can evaluate how i seen whether there are simulators? thank you if you can help me, I assure you a license to NetLinx Studio

Which online programming corse did you take?
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Doesn't AMX still reguire dealers to have demo/testing gear just for this reason. Maybe you guys are new and your demo gear is on the way. If it isn't check with your boss and find out why you don't have gear cuz you can't do much with out it.

Once you get some gear then you can spend the next 3-5 years learning how to make a system work then another 3-5 years to learn how to make a system work efficiently.
  • Options
    online courses

I followed the course online on the official website of amx, I have an account on site. AMX programming essentials the title of the courses I have followed throughout.
  • Options
    vining wrote: »
    ...then you can spend the next 3-5 years learning how to make a system work then another 3-5 years to learn how to make a system work efficiently.
    Isn't that the truth!
  • Options
    tom goeztom goez Posts: 75
    Netlinx Program

Perhaps you should have your company purchase a little NI-700 so you can get started with your code writing. Nothing else takes the place of a processor when it comes to testing. You'll need some sort of panel so you can see your feedback, etc.

If your company cannot afford to purchase new, perhaps an auction site like eBay will have something you can purchase.
  • Options
    AMX help

thank you when I have the equipment available to me I'll reply, but advan if you can give me some of your manual and how to understand this program I will be gre. thank you in advance
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    thank you when I have the equipment available to me I'll reply, but advan if you can give me some of your manual and how to understand this program I will be gre. thank you in advance

yangoua,
    Perhaps I can help a bit with the language barrior and Western sarcasm.

The problem with your request is that you are asking for us to give your free code and/or training. AMX programmers and the community of people who do this are not like some other programming groups you may have seen. We do not typically share code or proved 'opoen source' projects for otherss to download for free and tweak/alter for their own projects. We all have had to pay dealrly both in time and money to get where we are. We make a living doing this kind of thing.

quite often we on this forum see new people such as yourself get on and ask the question, "Can someone give me some free code examples?" On this forum that's rude and we tend to get a bit crabby and sarcastic. In most cases, the peopole who do this kind of thing are people who've illegally gotten hold of the AMX software and are trying to bypass the system.

So, to give you the benefit of doubt, and assume you're a legit dealer just dealing with the difficulties of accessing AMX gear due to your location, let me help you with using this forum...

We love to help people. We love new poeple coming into the AMX programming environment. We quite often share ideas and compare notes on how to program systems and make our programs runn more efficiently, make our systems run better, etc...

So, a good way to use this forum is to take the necesary training, get some test gear and then try some simple things. You can then come here if you have problems or want to discuss other possible ways of doing something.

This is typically done by posting some of your code that's giving you problems and asking things like, "Why doesn't this code work?" or "is there a better way to do this? I'm trying to do such-and-so..." or "Does Netlinx support something like the whatever command that we have in JAVA?"

Basically, what you're asking us to do is give you free code so you can then sell it to your clients. That kind of thing doesn't fly to well around here.

So, I hope this helps you understand. And truly, welcome to the forum!
    e
  • Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671

Manuals are available for download here:

http://www.amx.com/techcenter/manuals.asp

Of particular interest:

http://www.amx.com/assets/manuals/NetLinx.LanguageReferenceGuide.pdf
    http://www.amx.com/assets/manuals/NetLinxControllers.WebConsole-ProgrammingGuide.FMv3.pdf
  • Options
    Well said, Eric.