Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Axlink Bus Strip

Anybody know where I can get a ABS or have any other ideas I can do? I recently used my last port on my other strip. Ihave tried looking around and everybody I've seen is sold out. Any help would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    They appear available from AMX... as far as the web site shows.
  • Options
    jfugerejfugere Posts: 5
    Yes. I was just hoping for somewhere a little cheaper
  • Options
    banobano Posts: 173
    jfugere wrote: »
    Yes. I was just hoping for somewhere a little cheaper

You can double up but it hampers troubleshooting if you have axlink bus device issues in the future.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I've used these in the past:
    http://www.xantech.com/products/ir_products/CB18.htm
    I get mine direct but you can google them and find them numerous places for arounf $50.00.
  • Options
    The Xantech would work the same as the ABS?
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    It's basically identical except the AMX version has a separate 2 conductor phoenix to supply power from a separate power supply if needed and an LED to indicate power on the bus. Otherwise they're both 4 conductor parrallel buses. If you want to use a separate power supply just feed into any 4 conductor phoenix.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    I think they are enough alike, they are just a 4 conductor breakout. The AMX one has a power plug with LED and probably a limit resistor, but that's not required.

We used to cut them in half and make 2 as we often only need a few outputs... and ignored the separate power input, just let the 4-wire from the netlinx axlink power the strip.
  • Options
    Perfect. Thank you guys for the quick response.