Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Remotely "Push" Button on TP

Is there a way to remotely "push" a button on the TP? I know you can do a send command with a do_push, however that only tells the master that a button was "pushed", however the TP doesn't register this and doesn't do associated commands like open/close popups, etc. I would like to emulate someone actually touching the screen.

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    If you did all your TP navigation from code this would be a non-issue. However, if the button in question closes a popup, for example, you need only send the panel a ppof-Nane of popup command and it will put it away for you. A list of available run-time commands is in the manual for the TP under 'programming.'

Hope that helps.
    E
  • Options
    jabramsonjabramson Posts: 106
    I know that you can control the pages and popups via code, but that's not what I'm trying to do in this case. I wanted to know if i could emulate a true button press on the panel.

There's a variety of reasons why, in this case, I need to do it this way.
  • Options
    glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    Within Studio under diagnostics use emulate a device.
  • Options
    jabramsonjabramson Posts: 106
    Emulate just tells the master than there was a button press, does nothing for the panel
  • Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    jabramson wrote: »
    Emulate just tells the master than there was a button press, does nothing for the panel

To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to do what you want to do, other than as already suggested. There appear to be no commands, either through the device or via telnet, to cause a touch panel to execute the tasks that a physical button press will cause.

Perhaps there is some way to emulate VNC, but I've never heard any discussion of that and it would be a non-trivial task.
  • Options
    jabramson wrote: »
    Is there a way to remotely "push" a button on the TP? I know you can do a send command with a do_push, however that only tells the master that a button was "pushed", however the TP doesn't register this and doesn't do associated commands like open/close popups, etc. I would like to emulate someone actually touching the screen.

What are you trying to accomplish with this emulation?