Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Using FTP Client with Netlinx

Greetings,

I have a Netlinx NXC-ME that has some G3 web control files in it that I want to remove. When connecting to the master via an FTP client (Smart FTP) you cannot see the files. The FTP program only show "parent directory" which is where the files are.

What am I missing here? I logged into FTP with the admin user/pass?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It's a security feature in the NetLinx master, it won't normally respond to an FTP LIST command. I've seen some clients that could fool it and provide a directory, but I would have to play around a bit with them to determine what settings they are using to do that. Core FTP lite is one that works (and it's free) - the only thing at a quick glance that is not out-of-the-box in terms of settings is that I have passive transfers on for NetLinx connections. Maybe if you just set you own client to passive it will do the trick.

If you don't want too mess around with that, Telnet in and type in "list" for a file listing. You can also do "list <dir name>" for subdirectories; you can't change directories with Telnet.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Thank you. So how does one delete old files from the root directory?
  • Options
    I used Core FTP Lite as you recommened. It worked like a champ first time. Thank you.
  • Options
    dchristodchristo Posts: 177
    I have used Internet Explorer, Firefox, and CuteFTP with success.

--D
  • Options
    Duhh, I didn't think of using a browser. That method works really well. Thanks!
  • Options
    Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    One of my favorite "tricks" to use while tweaking G3 web panels was to start out by opening I.E. and FTPing into the master in order to just do a windows copy of the HTML files to the master. When done, I'd type the web address of the controller in the address bar to view the panel. If I needed to re-upload after that point, I'd just hit "back" on the browser window to get the FTP back. Upload files and hit "forward" to get the panel to reload. :)

- Chip
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Do you mean 'remove' to use or 'remove' to delete? If you want to delete it you can try to telnet the box and use 'clean doc'