Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

TP strangeness.

I have a MVP-8400 that is starting to act very strange. It's an older one so I might get 1- 1:30 hrs of battery life. When on the battery everything works as expected. When I plug it in I get no response from a button push. There are times where it will work, like the first button push after I plug it in. Is there some reasoning behind this? It has one battery in the 'Top' tray if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Comments

• BigsquatchBigsquatch Posts: 216
    thepainter wrote: »
    I have a MVP-8400 that is starting to act very strange. It's an older one so I might get 1- 1:30 hrs of battery life. When on the battery everything works as expected. When I plug it in I get no response from a button push. There are times where it will work, like the first button push after I plug it in. Is there some reasoning behind this? It has one battery in the 'Top' tray if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Is the firmware up to date?
    Did you try removing all panel files and doing a full upload?
    Does it have a good network connection?
  • rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    Have you checked the voltage on the power supply?
  • thepainterthepainter Posts: 69
    rfletcher wrote: »
    Have you checked the voltage on the power supply?

Tried two other power supplies working on a similar TP. Haven't physically tested the voltage.
  • thepainterthepainter Posts: 69
    Bigsquatch wrote: »
    Is the firmware up to date?
    Did you try removing all panel files and doing a full upload?
    Does it have a good network connection?

Will check this weekend, haven't had the opportunity as yet. Thanks for the quick response.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I would check to see if you might have some interference on the WiFi network. For example you might have two access points on or near each others channels. Or something is interfering with it. Remember, full bars does not mean its a good connection, jut a loud one.

E
  • Duncan EllisDuncan Ellis Posts: 161
    thepainter wrote: »

Thanks

What happens if you try to recalibrate? there is an issue that has been there for 'ever'. When you plug in the power supply, the calibration disappears sometimes. I could never get it to repeat with any regularity, it was random. I sent one off for repair, and the repair doc came back stating it was a 'known issue'