Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Problem viewing embedded web pages (master, MET-ECOM, Zigbee gateway)

Hello all...

Recently my Windows 7 laptop stopped being able to open the embedded web server pages: from masters, entry communicator, Zigbee gateway, etc. Internet Explorer (V 9) instead displays a message "Do you want to save webControl.xml?" at the bottom of the window. On a different WinXP PC the web controls display and operate properly.

I imagine this might be due to a security update or the like which altered a setting?

Has anyone encountered this before? Appreciate any suggestions.

Rich

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 598
    Rich,
    The same thing happened to me recently -- also on win 7. In my case, I was able to upgrade to IE9 and it reset whatever xml setting had changed with the recent update. A co-worker was not as lucky (last week) - his upgrade to IE9 did not reset the needed setting. You can try other browsers, but if you are toying with static bindings for modules through the web page, IE is the only one that will work. The other browsers add an extra character to the front of the uploaded module name and the system cannot handle that in the binding process.
  • Options
    Rich AbelRich Abel Posts: 104
    Internet Explorer 9 and embedded web pages

Thanks Chris.

It is indeed an Internet Exporer 9 thing. I installed Chrome and have no issues with it.

I'll see if re-installing or repairing IE 9 has any effect.

Thanks!

Rich
  • Options
    HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 598
    Rich,
    Many on the web are experiencing similar problems with Win7 and IE. Apparently, changes were made to file type associations and how users configure their machines to handle the different extensions. Users are having mixed results with the Microsoft Fix-It utility, but you could try it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737/en-us#fixit4me

Please post back if you find a resolution to this and I will do the same.
  • Options
    Rich AbelRich Abel Posts: 104
    Microsoft Fix-it utility

Tried the Fix-it utility as suggested. No joy. The problem persists.

Thanks for the suggestion. Until another solution pops up, I'll use Chrome.

Rich