Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

AXLink/ICSP error

Hi,

I have a system consisting of a NXC-ME260 (3.60.453) with 3 COM2 cards, 1 IRS4 card and one relay card, plus two remoted relay cards via ICSnet (each in its own enclosure with looping ICSnet)

Suddenly, after running fine for years, the system starts spewing several hundred the following messages to the console, and then reboots. After rebooting, before the user program starts to execute, the same messages start getting issued and the system reboots every minute or two.

(1131722465) CAxlinkRX::ParseICSPMessage First byte not fixed byte (D1)
(1131722466) CAxlinkRX::ParseICSPMessage First byte not fixed byte (D1)
(1131722467) CAxlinkRX::ParseICSPMessage First byte not fixed byte (D1)
(1131723516) CAxlinkRX::ParseICSPMessage First byte not fixed byte (0)
(1131723517) CAxlinkRX::ParseICSPMessage First byte not fixed byte (0)
(1131723518) CAxlinkRX::ParseICSPMessage First byte not fixed byte (F5)

Then just as suddenly, the system becomes stable and continues working. This has happened only twice (three weeks apart) and both times the system has recovered before I could get to the site to observe and or test. No luck at trying to replicate it manually.

Has anybody seen this before?

Thanks,
David

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Looks to me like you have an Axlink device that's going bad ... one of your COM or IRS boxes if they are Axlink; you don't generally get this with with ICSNet. But it could be anything on the Axlink buss. Is everything actually working? If so, I'm afraid the only way to isolate it is to disconnect the devices, and add them back on one at a time. When the error starts cropping up again, you've just reconnected the bad device.

Keep in mind it could be a bad wire too. Axlink is horrible to troubleshoot because of the wiring topology (everything parallel); thankfully, it's very robust and these kind of issues are relatively rare.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    This is by no means scientific... But I've noticed quite a few (including my own system at home) rs232 cards/boxes go bad all on a sudden. I saw these kinds of errors. Fortunately, I have a small stock of these in my collection and have been able to swap them out. In one case a replacement ofthe batteries and a ZAP! Command resurrected a ded box.

Just sayin...
    E
  • Options
    dnahmandnahman Posts: 28
    Hi Dave and Eric,

Thanks for the replies. I may just shotgun it and replace all of the cards. I wish that it would fail when I'm actually on-site (or just stay failed instead of fixing itself).

Fortunately the wiring topology is simple: three com2, one rel8, one irs4 n the main frame, plus two REL8 extended via ICSnet. I wonder if errors ICSnet extended cards would show up with this same AXlink message, or would it be wrapped with different message.

Thanks,
    David
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    dnahman wrote: »
    Hi Dave and Eric,

Thanks for the replies. I may just shotgun it and replace all of the cards. I wish that it would fail when I'm actually on-site (or just stay failed instead of fixing itself).

Fortunately the wiring topology is simple: three com2, one rel8, one irs4 n the main frame, plus two REL8 extended via ICSnet. I wonder if errors ICSnet extended cards would show up with this same AXlink message, or would it be wrapped with different message.

Thanks,
    David

I don't think so. ICSNet is a different animal.