Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

NI-2100 connexion with camera

Hi! everybody, please, how do we connect 6 cameras to NI-2100 controller, all these camera do not have an IP connector, just RS232 and HDCI output. NI-2100 got 3 serial outputs. is there a serial RS232 port multiplier can be compatible with the controller? thanks for your answer.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    You can add as many RS-232 connections as you like with NXB-COM2 boxes. But that can get pricey pretty fast, and I think it might be cheaper to upgrade your 2100 to a 3100 for that many ports. A cheaper alternate is to pick up an old Axcent3 on eBay or from a dealer's old stock, and slave it to your master ... there's 6 serial ports right there.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    The siteplayer serial server is around $80-$90 if i recall. There's also an 8 port Moxa for $600-$800 so if your master isn't using its serial ports for anything else and you just need 3 more ports i'd lean towards 3 Siteplayer or get a 3100 like Dave suggested, keeping the 2100 as a shop spare but if you need 6 more ports, 9 in total, i'd lean towards the Moxa 8 port server.

I've used many of the 8 port servers and have never had a issue what so ever.
  • Options
    yangouayangoua Posts: 23
    thanks a lot for answer....
  • Options
    yangouayangoua Posts: 23
    NI-2100 connexion with camera

hi!with NXF-MINI and NXC-COM2 has extension card, how can i connect all of them with my NI-2100 controller? which type of connection relate NI-2100 to NXF-MINI? in image in NXC-COM2 i don't visualise serial port on it! thanks for answer
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    yangoua wrote: »
    hi!with NXF-MINI and NXC-COM2 has extension card, how can i connect all of them with my NI-2100 controller? which type of connection relate NI-2100 to NXF-MINI? in image in NXC-COM2 i don't visualise serial port on it! thanks for answer

The NXF-MINI connects to your master via ICSNet, and not all 2100 masters come with that,so make sure you have it. The actual RS-232 connection is a mini-phoenix connector ... once the cards are in the frame, it plugs on the back, and you have screw terminals to connect your wire.