Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

device port number

hi everybody, please tell me how do we assign port number to device?or how to find device port number? in my book i have the following line:
To find the port numbers, you may use AMX.com and review the quick start guide for your controller or you may refer to AMX PI and search for Port.

please give me more explanation..
thanks

Comments

• Options
    RogerSRogerS Posts: 9
    Port numbers change from device to device you are programming for.

If we are programming for a NI-2100 for example:

Serial devices have port 1-3
    5001:1:0 to 5001:3:0

Relay (1-4) have port 4
    5001:4:0

IR ports have 5-8
    5001:5:0 to 5001:8:0

IO Port (1-4) have 9
    5001:9:0

Since these port numbers varies from controller to controller, you have to look it up in the AMX PI (product information) on the specific controller or you can go the specific controller on AMX website, open "Hardware Reference Guide " and find "Port Assignments and Functionality". This section describe which portnumbers are used on the specific controller.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    yangoua wrote: »
    hi everybody, please tell me how do we assign port number to device?or how to find device port number? in my book i have the following line:
    To find the port numbers, you may use AMX.com and review the quick start guide for your controller or you may refer to AMX PI and search for Port.

please give me more explanation..
    thanks

When in Netlinx Studio:
    Tools>AMX PI

This utility has a quick guide for most everything AXM makes.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Many times it's silk-screened on the actual device too. Saves some time if you have your hands on the thing.