Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

So how do I get paste to work right between an old and new panel file?

I have this panel that needs the Sirius module pages and the !i-Schedule module pages and I don't know how to get them into my file looking right.

Here's a screen shot.
9TmEu.png

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    What you are seeing is what happens when the original panel colors reference a palette index, not absolute color values. So, unless the palette on the destination panel is the same as the origin, they don't match up.

You have two choices. If none of your destination panel's pages are set to use a palette index, you can export the palette from the source panel, import it and select it on the new, and your colors will fix themselves. But, if you are using palettes anywhere else, that's going to scramble the other pages. If that's the case, you have to manually fix all the colors.

Palettes were a great idea, because they make it fantastically easy to change the entire color scheme of a panel by just changing palettes. But they made them really annoying to manage, and almost no one bothers, except of course the AMX people who supplied pages for modules.
  • Options
    travistravis Posts: 180
    Ah thanks. I never looked in the palette menu before. Yeah, these two sets of pages do not play well together. I convinced another guy here to take a whack at a panel design. He can learn by reassigning all these colors.