Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

MVP8400 Security Settings

Hi,
Im having a little trouble using the security feature for a Modero 8400. Im trying to use WEP128 and have followed the instructions supplied with the AMX WAP200G but i cant get the panel to send any commands i.e button pushes do not send the required information to the master. The panel is online as it can recieve commands and level events fine. Anyone experienced anything like this before? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Shane

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    If it's connected to the master and receiving commands and events, your security settings are working. It would not work at all otherwise. Your problem is elsewhere, or it's dropping on and offline due to some other network issue. Telnet into the master and type in "msg on" and see if you get any clues that way.
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Hi Shane,

One other thing you may want to try is to Enable the Push Message Status Bar Display from the Diagnostics menu in Netlinx Studio and see what shows up there when you press a button on the MVP. I?m with Dave; the security settings should be fine if the MVP is ONLINE and receiving commands.
  • Options
    shanemshanem Posts: 28
    Something strange was happening alright, it was definitely connected - just not doing anything. I changed the SSID and Encryption key this morning and its working fine now, even though i did this on numerous occasions yesterday.
    Anyway thanks guys.

Shane
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I bet it latched on to another access point somewhere. So it was "connected" to a network, but not to your master. If you are referring to the connection status on the wireless setup page, this is probably it.

I have also on odd occasions have had a panel that connected to the network but still could not communicate properly, and it turned out to be a signal quality issue. Moving the access point fixed it.

This is one of those cases where the terminology needs some clarification. There are several connections that need to be made before a panel will work, and it's important to recognize which is not working, especially when talking to someone else about it.