Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Firmware upgrade for Modero

Tried to research for this forum before posting, but here's my issue. I have two MVP 7500s and I'm trying to upgrade the firmware for both of them. I have the latest KIT file saved in a generic AMX folder on the desktop. I'm contected to the virtual master through USB. When I go to Tools>Firmware Transfers>Send to Netlinx Device, my connection on the USB goes out as well as not being able to search for the KIT file in the location drop down bar. I feel like I'm missing one simple step. I've upgraded many axcent units but never netlinx. Any help would be tremendous. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    You might give connecting to the TP via a netlinx master instead. It eliminates all the driver issues with the virtual master stuff. That may or may not be the issue. but I'm not much into troubleshooting problems 2 and 3 layers deep when time is the issue.

So, I'd link up the TP with a netlinx master and then connect NS to that same master and try the firmware transfer that way instead.
  • Options
    Could you start a virtual Netlinx master on your LAN adapter in Studio and have the TP connect to it? Then you'd open the virtual in TPD as well and do the transfer. I think I've tried it before, but I can't remember if it worked. Might even work just in TPD without NS.
  • Options
    So Just did this, once you browse to the folder that the .kit file is in click on the file in the left column. Once that's done you will get the disconnect. Put in the the touch panel device number, once that's done then the option to send comes on. Hit send, wait for a little for the Master to locate the TP then it will connect and do it's thing. Once done disconnect the USB cable before it reboots. When it reboots it will come up "Upgrading Firmware" (or something like that). Hope this Helps