Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Help with MVP8400 / NI4100 problem

I was wondering if anyone has seen the following problem. I was called yesterday and was informed there was a problem with the system and that the touch panels were not working.

System description

NI 4100 controller
(qty 3) MVP 8400 touch panel
(qty 3) WAP250 G access point. (Once dedicated for each panel /room)

When I got on site 2 of the 3 panels showed that they were connected but there were no buttons on the touchpanel pages. it did show the date as August 3rd and the time. Also were the room name would be listed it just says text.

The 3rd panel showed the buttons but was off in the time.

I rebooted all the panels and after doing so all 3 panels were no blank with the exception of the time and date which was curent.

I rebooted the controller and this did not help.

I can ping all of the touchpanels, access points, and controller.

When in telnet If i reboot the touchpanels from the touchpanel i can see that all 3 touchpanels go offline and disconnect when they reboot, but i never see them establish a connection in telnet after the panels reboot.

After the touch panels reboot the touch panels show connected and had the current time and date.

I spoke to the programmer who did the programming but he says he has never seen this problem.

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I'm guessing the TP file or the firmware on the panels is corrupted. Possible cause might be incomplete, interrupted or bad file transfer. Or maybe a serious lightning struck bricked the panel. (I've actually witnessed this myself live once. A bolt hit a metal pole next to a pool next to a house. Right after the TVs were dead, the audio switcher was fried and three wireless panels docked were bricked. The panels came back after complete reloads. The rest of the stuff... Not so much...

I would try doing a complete TP file upload. (not just a 'smart' update)
  • Options
    ericmedley

Thank you for your feedback. I know they lost power for a few minutes. We will give this a try.

Thanks
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    You say you saw the panels go OFFLINE from telnet, but not come online. They have to come on to go off.
    Do the panel setup pages show green for connected, or red for not connected?
    What does NETLINX STUDIO show on the device tree? Are the panels showing online there?

It would seem like a longshot for all three panels to corrupt their projects exactly the same way due to an outside force.
    If the panels will not connect to the NetLinx, but are connected to the Access Point, no revision of the panel project will help (or even be possible, except by USB, which is nasty).

What does the NetLinx Log say about the program load, buffers, memory, and running diagnostics? I would think it more likely that the NetLinx is to blame, with corrupted program, memory, or other hardware issue, as it would affect all panels in a manner consistent with your report.

If you don't have these tools or skills, you really aren't going to succeed with advice alone.
  • Options
    John,

All three panel show connected with a green dot on the panel setup page. I will have my programmer log in at this time.

If i logged into the NI4100 via the browser all 3 panels show up.

Thank you for the advice and we will see what we find.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help!

FYI

I was onsite tonight and we reloaded the program to the NI4100 and everything for the AMX is working. We lost a TV and one of the receivers assignable inputs got knocked out.