Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

making a NXC-ME260/64 into a slave

I have two rooms with NXC-ME260/64 masters in chassis which the customer would now like to combine/uncombine, I would prefer not to have to re-write my source code for M2M. Since AMX is getting rid of the NXC-HE (ICSHub card), is there a way to make one master a slave to the other? You were able in the past to do it between NI's but i can't find any info for the NXC-ME260/64's...

thanks for your time

Michael

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Hmmmm... I'm having difficulty understanding why youd not want to do M2M. And by slaving, are you referring to putting and old Acennt3 integrated master into slave mode?
  • Options
    huttencmhuttencm Posts: 23
    Hey Eric, I was just trying to reduce amount of code re-write ie just add the second rooms devices to my preexisting Dev arrays make some minor GUI changes load,test and done. And you are right it was the Axcent 3's (now I am dating myself)
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    huttencm wrote: »
    Hey Eric, I was just trying to reduce amount of code re-write ie just add the second rooms devices to my preexisting Dev arrays make some minor GUI changes load,test and done. And you are right it was the Axcent 3's (now I am dating myself)

Well, make one system System 1 and the second system System 2. Do M2M. The in System 1's code add the same devices with a system ID of 2

So example

dvRS232_port_1_1= 5001:01:1// this master
    dvRS232_port_1_2 = 5001:01:2 // the other master
  • Options
    huttencmhuttencm Posts: 23
    Upon further reflection (thinking about it last night) M2M is the best way to go. Mainly because I am running the new RMS and I just got everyone of my masters playing nice with the server (asset usage/tracking).

so I retract the question :)

thanks for replying Eric

Michael