Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

TPD4 - Level - Border Color/Active Bug

I have an NXD1000 and other panels with an odd bug. Some of the levels created in TPD4 show the active portion incorrectly. When the level changes, the border color for the active portion changes to another color and cannot be changed. What is odd is that this only happens on certain level. I copied a level that did not have the bug, changed the level code(not the port) and the bug was back.

Pertinent info:
level 3:2 on 'Kitchen Volume' popup has color issue Active portion changes border color
level 3:41 on 'Family Volume' works correctly
have copied level 3:41 from one page to another, changed level code to 3:2, does not fix issue.
Issue shows-up in G4panel preview as well (not code related)
have removed user pages, reloaded file- did not fix

TPD version 3.3.0
build 672
border version 9
usblan version 2.3.3.6
support files 3.3.44

NXD1000vi firmware version 2.86.2

Comments

• Does the color change of the border follow the bar level? If so it sounds like you just have another color as the active state border color.
  • Brallen wrote: »
    Does the color change of the border follow the bar level? If so it sounds like you just have another color as the active state border color.

Yes, the color follows the bar level. TPD4 does not have an option (at least in mine) to change the border color on the active state. Only to change it for 'ALL States' or the 'OFF State'

• FWIW, new version of TPD4 still has the same problem.

Can someone confirm that they do not have the option to change border color for the active state of a bargraph either.
  • No access in my TP4 as well.
    Version 3.3.0 Build 672.
    Border Version 9
  • champchamp Posts: 261
    I just made a panel file with a level using the same settings and did not have your issue.
    Can you try creating a new file with jus the level and see if the fault exists, if not then try copying that level into your project.
    Make a copy of your main file and delete everything except the level then if it still happens attach the file here so we can see if it happens on another PC.
  • PHSJason wrote: »
    Can someone confirm that they do not have the option to change border color for the active state of a bargraph either.

I've seen this as well. I found the fix is to remove the Border Name from All States tab as well as the Border Type from the General tab, then re-select the Border Type on the General tab (Leave the States tab alone).

I discovered this when I noticed that setting Border Name on the Off state on a general button will set the All State to blank (since Off and On now have different values), whereas setting it on the Off state of a bargraph does change the All State.

My guess is there's some copy paste error that accidentally removes the Border Name from the On state of a bargraph, but since there's no access to it in the properties, Find & Replace, or the Property Painter, you can't change it unless you completely clear it first.