Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Getting Arhiive From Processor?

What are the steps on getting a archive from a processor. I know you can get a source file then the touchpanel but what are the steps on getting a whole working workspace?

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Receive the SRC from the processor on the receive side of the File Transfers window. Then, in NS, use Tools | File Extraction -> from SRC file to break the files out. But, this only works if the source file was loaded to the processor in the first place, and it will NOT give you the workspace, just the individual files needed to run the project.
  • Options
    sanftsanft Posts: 19
    So I will need to get src file witch I did then retrieve every ir driver touchpanel then module if it appears on the extracted src file then create my own workspace add source file and map all devices
  • Options
    sanftsanft Posts: 19
    guys am I on the right track?
  • Options
    sanft wrote: »
    guys am I on the right track?

...seems like it.

Extract the SRC.. it will give you the netlinx and other files.
    Use that to find the DPS for other items such as IRL's and JAR's and TP4's, etc..

Then create a new workspace, with that netlinx file as the master, and add all the other associated files.

Start editing the files (saying the TP isnt locked out) and you have everything mapped correctly, but you should be able to build the system and transfer it.