Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Netlinx Studio - Notifications

Hi Guys,

Please dont laugh but I need to know this.. When you enable notifications on a very chatty system, how do you get it to always show the latest stuff.... I keep on having to scroll down rather than just watch the latest in the
window.
I am sure that I have had it like this before??

Thanks as always...

Mike

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    My experience is that once you scroll up, you are stuck with it. It's very difficult to get it back to auto-scrolling with he most recent messages.

What you can try is stop the messages, then clear the diagnostics pane and restart them. No guarantee on it though.
  • Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    If you right click in the notification window, you should be able to click 'clear' and the scroll will re-start. Also, if you left click somewhere in the window to the right of the locked scroll, the scroll should restart. Experiment a little bit and it will happen for you.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I thought i was going crazy today trying to use the window to figure things out..
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    *Sometimes* I am able to get it to start catching up again by forceably dragging to the bottom, clicking in the notifications window, and then flicking the mouse wheel down repeatedly.
  • Options
    Perhaps the NS development team could offer a pause and play icon to control how the notifications windows perform in future releases... =)
  • Options
    I found that selecting an item will lock the scroll and things are added below that point. Select off of an item and things will be back to scroll as they come in. Also, there is a setting somewhere in Preferences that adjusts the number of items that are shown. Set the Read ## lines from buffer to 99 to allow faster read and slow down the lag. I forget what default is, something like 10 or 20.