Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

Channel Number for Inputs on NEC Monitor

Hello,
I am looking at the code for our current build (written by someone who is no longer here) and I see there are channels for the different input sources but I can't find where he got those channel numbers. On the Word document for that monitor (Duet Module Interface Specification) it doesn't list those channel numbers. Can you tell me where I can find this information? How did he know that channel 31 was for input Video 1?
Thank you,
T

Comments

• tspoe wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am looking at the code for our current build (written by someone who is no longer here) and I see there are channels for the different input sources but I can't find where he got those channel numbers. On the Word document for that monitor (Duet Module Interface Specification) it doesn't list those channel numbers. Can you tell me where I can find this information? How did he know that channel 31 was for input Video 1?
    Thank you,
    T

I have found that some Duet modules written for older equipment will work with the new release/revision of the product line, and by controlling a device in Studio, the un-mapped channels or commands to the module will fool the new device into working for some commands, inputs especially. I have had to run through this senario to map out that input=3,1 would actually point to HDMI input 1, etc.
  • tspoetspoe Posts: 32
    Thanks, TechFreak. Sorry for the late reply...we ran into another issue so I haven't had time to look into this yet. What did you do to find out which channel mapped to HDMI input?
    T
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Duet modules conform to the Standard Netlinx API (SNAPI). The channels that you are seeing activated are deprecated and associated with an older version of the API.

If you open up the Standard NetLinx API Help from the help menu in NetLinx Studio you will see the full API documentation. What you are interested in is the functionality of the SourceSelectComponent - specifically the channel mappings for setInputSource(..). Note that these are deprecated, so although they may function now it is likely that this functionality will not be available in future versions of the API. To acheive the same functionality use the 'INPUTSELECT-<number>' function. This will ensure that if you change the module for a different version / different device in the future you're NetLinx code will remain compatible.
  • On the topic of 'INPUTSELECT-<number>' ...

Are the numbers a one to one correlation to:
    1-INPUT-COMPONENT,1 // AV3 COMPONENT
    2-INPUT-COMPOSITE,1 // AV5 VIDEO
    3-INPUT-DVI,1 // PC1 DVI-D
    4-INPUT-DVI,2 // AV1 DVI-D
    5-INPUT-HDMI,1 // AV2 HDMI
    6-INPUT-HDMI,2 // PC2 HDMI
    7-INPUT-RGB,1 // PC4 RGB
    8-INPUT-SVIDEO,1 // AV4 S-VIDEO
    9-INPUT-VGA,1 // PC3 D-SUB

So, if I wanted my display to use "INPUT-VGA,1" I would do the following:
    Send_Command vDisplay, "'INPUTSELECT-9'";
  • tspoetspoe Posts: 32
    Thank you, Kim. I'll take a look at that tomorrow. I'm really just trying to find out what input channel is HDMI. Hopefully the 'Help' will help. :)
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    No problems tspoe.

@jdonachiue@shaw.ca, this is not necessarily true of all modules. It is up to module developer to define the mapping between physical inputs on the device and the index they are associated with. If you send the module the command `?INPUTPROPERTIES` this will return the mappings, alternatively if you are interested in a specific index the command is `?INPUTPROPERTY-<index>`.
  • Thanks Kim...
    I just thought the Word Doc was laid out so that the order was the same as the <number>...