Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Button Feedback Sticking "on"

Have a strange one here. M2M system (Call it systems A & B)
System B (TP on this system) has button feedback on a controlled via System A. Everything works properly until I reboot System A. Then System B feedback will stick in the "on" position until a panel reset.

Stranger yet, I use 3 ports on this system B touch panel. Port 3 works perfectly fine, port 4 does not. Tried changing 4 to something else with the same result.

I've disabled all feedback to this port with the exception of 1 button and I still have an issue.

Any ideas on what to look at, check on? This port panel combination is not part of a dev array.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Panels that connect to one master, but are declared in another, run as virtual devices in the second master. It's all under the hood stuff, and the virtual mostly mirrors the actual panel. But I've noticed that although stuff like online/offline events work properly, levels and channel states don't ... or sometimes don't. Best bet is to trap out the online event and force a feedback refresh when it happens.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I would watch the panel in Notications on the host mater. Then get the feedback stuck as you say. The try to restart the 2nd master again and see what Notifications says. I'd also try manually turning he channel off when stuck.

Dave is probably on target with his assessment. I would also add to his update feedback when the 2nd masters online event that you wait a few ticks before sending a boatload of feedback to a panel as there is initially a little bit of chatty-ness when a M2M connection is established. Not eons of time mind you, but give it a breath.