Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions
Options

TPD3 + webpages and Java requirements of IE

Does anyone know exactly what I should see under "advanced" in Internet Options in Internet Explorer to allow HTML pages created in TPD3 to work properly? I've had these things working for years before, but at the moment, my desktop gets stuck on the purple page, forever loading Java Virtual Machine. My laptop goes a bit further but then can't load the page, it says "sending login request" and then "allocated 0 of 1 device" or something like that. My Netlinx master is on firmware 2.31.137. I can FTP in and see my pages are there OK. Thanks

OP

Comments

• Options
    The G3 WebPanel is currently my only system interface.
    I have it running on:
    Firefox version 1.0.6
    Sun Java runtime version 1.41_07
    TP Design 3 v 3.16 Build 200
    (see TechNotes TN723, TN675, TN328)

As I recall, the most direct path with IE is to configure it to use the Sun Java version mentioned above, and not MS Java.
    The symptoms you describe are definitely reminiscent of Java compatibility issues.
  • Options
    Oliver, if you have popup blocking, make sure it's turned off for your master's address.

- Chip
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I don't think it's so much a browser issue as a Java issue - I've had mixed results on various machines, but I must say I've had far less trouble with Firefox overall. Update to the latest Java, and make sure you don't have any privacy or security features (pop-up blockers, adware protection, etc.) affecting the master's IP.
  • Options
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I don't think it's so much a browser issue as a Java issue - I've had mixed results on various machines, but I must say I've had far less trouble with Firefox overall. Update to the latest Java, and make sure you don't have any privacy or security features (pop-up blockers, adware protection, etc.) affecting the master's IP.

Like shelbymo listed, you should NOT use Java v1.5 aka "Java v5". In one of the Technotes he has listed, there may be a problem with the TPD3 Java applet and the 1.5 Java.

This is a working link to the latest 1.4 version:
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

Use the J2SE v 1.4.2_09 JRE (Java Runtime Environment), the SDK is not needed.