Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

MVP-8400i and WPA2 problem

Hey everyone, I'm having an issue with an 8400i dropping offline regularly on a network recently changed from WEP to WPA2 personal. The problem definitely seems to coincide with the network change. I haven't changed it back to WEP to confirm if the issue goes away. I applied the latest firmware to the panel last week with no change. WAP is a Cisco WAP2000. I found a setting on the WAP where it reassigns the PSK once every hour to the max setting (approx once per month). Any thoughts?

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Try turning off 802.11N on the WAP. I've known it to cause trouble with AMX wireless panels. Some access points seem to be worse than others about it ... like Apple and Pakedge are usually just fine, but consumer-grade Linksys and Cisco not so much.
  • no N capabilities on this WAP. I actually have been watching activity fairly closely this morning and found some other devices were dropping off the network as well...so i'm thinking it's master related. What's odd is that I did a persistent ping and it is almost constantly replying, even when the panel is offline, which further substantiates that it must be master/panel related and not network. I drop a ping reply here and there, but nothing long.
  • As an FYI, I changed to just wpa instead of wpa2 and have had zero problems since. Weird...
    Thanks.