Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Head Scratcher

So, I inherited a system and code from someone and for some reason, things are not acting as they should, and it's stressing me out.

Briefly:

This is a 3 room divisible system with 3 Enova DVX 2155HD's (one in each room). They handle local switching and are connected to a local TP and IR to a local DVD/VCR player (Systems 1,2, and 3). All 3 then feed (and can be fed by) an Enova DGX 16 which is connected to 3 projectors and 6 cameras and controlling them via DXLink (system 5). There is also an NI-3100 which is connected to a Polycom HDX and a Polycom SoundStructure DSP serially (system 4). Here's the best part. All of the aforementioned devices have code running on them (with separate includes, NetLinx Modules, and Duet Modules) which control the local devices they're "connected" with, and would be fine if everything was working as it should.

When I started, the system was barely working. And I thought it would be easier to just work with what I was left. I've now gotten he system to a mostly complete point. The issue now seems when I change just a few lines of code on the NI-3100 (which is running only NetLinx code mostly for controlling the VTC and DSP), functionality of certain unrelated devices just stops. Including powering on and off of projectors (initiated at the DVX masters which in turn is pulsing the on and off channels of the Duet Modules for the projectors on the DGX) and DGX switching (which again is initiated at the DVX master and sends commands to a virtual device on the DGX which then in turn sends it to the switcher).

After I change the code on the NI-3100, when I pulse the Duet Module channels from NetLinx Studio, the projectors turn on and off, but I cannot get them to power off from the code. UNTIL I revert back to the earlier code on the NI-3100.

It's a puzzlement to be sure. Any ideas why the code on a master that is not handling events related to another master is stopping the communication and functionality of that other master?

Thank you.

Comments

• Have you checked to see if system 4 is flooding system 5 with messages of some sort or other after you make your changes and everything stops working? I don't have any specific experience to go on here, that's just the first thing that pops into my head as to why changes to one system would be disrupting the other system.
  • feddxfeddx Posts: 183
    rfletcher wrote: »
    Have you checked to see if system 4 is flooding system 5 with messages of some sort or other after you make your changes and everything stops working? I don't have any specific experience to go on here, that's just the first thing that pops into my head as to why changes to one system would be disrupting the other system.

Well I see nothing in diagnostics or messages. But I haven't checked with Wireshark. I'll look into it and thank you.

The weird thing is, it's inconsistent, but when the control stops, it stops dead.

THIS is why I like to keep my code on one master if I can.

EDIT - Tech Note 919. And make sure the masters are on set route direct. That seems to have fixed it.
    TY AMX Customer support.