Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Canon VC-C50i Camera Controls

I am hoping someone can help. I'm dealing with a system that I had to rewrite with no help of wiring diagrams or source code. I've gotten everything working again but still have no camera control. I know they worked before I uploaded my code. I know that they use cts/rts communication and the default baud rate is 9600. I also know that I am dealing with the correct port numbers and at one point, one of the cameras was panning left and right and zooming but when I sent the same strings to the others, no feed back. They are all on their own serial ports so no cascading is involved. I haven't had a chance to test after adding the string passed the 'HSON' command. If anyone has experience with these cameras and has some info on the initialization of them, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Here's my DATA EVENT

DATA_EVENT [GREENCAMERA]
{
ONLINE:
{
SEND_COMMAND GREENCAMERA,'SET BAUD 9600,N,8,1'
SEND_COMMAND GREENCAMERA,'HSON'//CTS/RTS HANDSHAKING
SEND_STRING GREENCAMERA,"27,20,0"//SET RTS TO HIGH... CAMERAS NEED THIS TO BE ENABLED IN ORDER TO SUPPORT FULL DUPLEX COMMUNICATIONS
}
}

Here's what I am using for direction control:

CASE 213: //MOVE UP
{
SEND_STRING GREENCAMERA,"$FF,$30,$30,$00,$53,$33,$EF"
}
CASE 214: //MOVE DOWN
{
SEND_STRING GREENCAMERA,"$FF,$30,$30,$00,$53,$30,$EF"
}
CASE 215: //MOVE LEFT
{
SEND_STRING GREENCAMERA,"$FF,$30,$30,$00,$53,$32,$EF"
}
CASE 216: //MOVE RIGHT
{
SEND_STRING GREENCAMERA,"$FF,$30,$30,$00,$53,$31,$EF"
}

I see my strings sending out but get no responses whatsoever from the camera. The cameras don't respond to the remote control commands so I think that means they are in "command mode". It says in the manual that it can only do one or the other at the same time.