Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Code won't "stick" on ni-4000

Hi all. I have an old ni-4000 that I got second-hand. When I first got it, I was able to upload some old code to it and everything seemed to work just fine. Now, however, I'm trying to upload the actual program I want it to run, but it doesn't seem to make it into the master's memory. I can connect to my master by IP and serial, and when I send my code, Netlinx Studio says it went just fine. I can also send TP4 files to my NXT-CV7 through that master, and the touch panel says its connected.
But.
My controller doesn't do anything in response to button pushes. The input light will blink when I hit a button on my tp, but nothing else happens. When I tried the ftp, the only thing that showed up was my IR file. When I go to the web interface for my master, it says "No program running". I've tried sending blank code to it and resending my program, and I've done clean disk, but I still can't get my code to "stick". Anyone have any ideas? Or do I just have a really big paperweight with pretty blinky lights now? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Are you rebooting after an upload?
    Paul
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Do a "clean disk all" instead of just clean disk ... and make sure the system number and controller device number are what your code expects.
  • Options
    kbarcokbarco Posts: 6
    I am rebooting everytime after I send code. I tried Clean Disk All, and that didn't seem to change anything either. Would "reset factory" help? i'm pretty sure my system and device numbers are correct, but maybe there's something weird going on with that, since it did have a previous owner. thanks for the help!
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    kbarco wrote: »
    When I go to the web interface for my master, it says "No program running".
    Make sure DIP switch 1 is down when you reboot.