Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Axcent3 Pro won't take a new program

Hi All,
I am trying to send some updated code from Netlinx Studio to an Axcent3 Pro controller. I compiled as Axcess. Am connected to Program port. Comm settings are correct. Can Reboot the Master from NS. Can open Terminal in NS and send commands and receive replies. I can download the existing AXS file and TP3 file. But I can't send a new one to the controller, it fails every time. Compiled without errors. File transfer setting for device mapped as 0 or 1, neither works. What am I overlooking? Thanks.

Comments

• zasadat wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I am trying to send some updated code from Netlinx Studio to an Axcent3 Pro controller. I compiled as Axcess. Am connected to Program port. Comm settings are correct. Can Reboot the Master from NS. Can open Terminal in NS and send commands and receive replies. I can download the existing AXS file and TP3 file. But I can't send a new one to the controller, it fails every time. Compiled without errors. File transfer setting for device mapped as 0 or 1, neither works. What am I overlooking? Thanks.

Dipswitches set to slave (with an address) not master?
  • DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    What version of Studio are you running?

There was a release that broke the download process to AXcess masters.

I can't remember the studio version, but there is a hot fix for it that will fix this problem.
  • zasadatzasadat Posts: 25
    Thank you for your responses.

I don't think it could be set as a slave, but I will check.
    I am using Build 525 of Netlinx Studio. Tech Note #999 advises to update to Build 600 because of the inability to download code to an Axcess controller with Build 525. Have installed the update and will try again.
    Thank you for your help.