Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Sirius won't stay off?

I'm using the SCHT duet module to control a SR‐H2000. The power off command turns it off, but then about 10 seconds later it turns back on. Anyone seen this?

I actually just need to mute the thing. I have a protocol doc that says 0x03, 0x01 is the mute command. The documentation for the module says I should be able to send command "'PASSTHRU-',$03,01" , but that doesn't work either. I tried to pass through a few of the commands in in as many ways I could think of that made any sense, but couldn't get any results.

Comments

• jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    travis wrote: »
    I'm using the SCHT duet module to control a SR‐H2000. The power off command turns it off, but then about 10 seconds later it turns back on. Anyone seen this?

I actually just need to mute the thing. I have a protocol doc that says 0x03, 0x01 is the mute command. The documentation for the module says I should be able to send command "'PASSTHRU-',$03,01" , but that doesn't work either. I tried to pass through a few of the commands in in as many ways I could think of that made any sense, but couldn't get any results.

Every Duet module I've ever used has some kind of heartbeat to make sure it's still talking to the device. My guess is that the command that is being sent wakes the device up & turns it back on.

Can you explain why you need to shut it off or mute it?
  • travistravis Posts: 180
    one of the audio outputs is now connected to some amps somewhere and there's no dsp or other way to turn of the radio in that area. In the original scope, I just mute the radio's channel on the DSP.

can a NI-3101 GPIO pin drive the 12V trigger input on this thing?
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    travis wrote: »
    one of the audio outputs is now connected to some amps somewhere and there's no dsp or other way to turn of the radio in that area. In the original scope, I just mute the radio's channel on the DSP.

can a NI-3101 GPIO pin drive the 12V trigger input on this thing?

Probably not, they are very low current. I'm pretty sure they are a direct TTL output. You can drive a relay with them though, and use that.