Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

LEVEL_EVENT not triggering from panel?

Hello, it's been a while since I used a level_event, but I believe it should be something like:

level_event[dvpanel,1] {
SEND_STRING DVMASTER,"'LEVEL EVENT:',itoa(LEVEL.INPUT)"
}

(dvpanel is configured as 10001:1:0)
I have a bar-graph on the touch panel with level port 1, level code 1. Touching the bar-graph on the panel does not trigger a level_event, however if I emulate a device of 10001:1:0, Level 1, and send a new value, a level_event is in fact triggered.

The panel responds to other usual button_events fine. (I also made the bargraph have a channel of 3, and it does trigger PUSH and RELEASE events for it)

My panel is a MXD-700

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    jpriede wrote: »
    Touching the bar-graph on the panel does not trigger a level_event...

What is the Level Function for the bargraph? I believe the property is *display only* by default which means it will not trigger a level event.
  • Options
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    What is the Level Function for the bargraph? I believe the property is *display only* by default which means it will not trigger a level event.

Oh. That would explain it. How would I make the bargraph an active slider, then?
  • Options
    How would I make the bargraph an active slider, then?

Select *active* from the dropdown box.
  • Options
    Select *active* from the dropdown box.

I must be very tired.. Which dropdown box? I've read through the help for bargraph buttons in TPD4 and don't see anything.
  • Options
    Which dropdown box?

The *Level Function* dropdown box that's right under Level Port and Level Code on the programming tab.
  • Options
    The *Level Function* dropdown box that's right under Level Port and Level Code on the programming tab.

Wow, thanks....... serves me right for trying to read the helpfile.
    Ff you look at "Level Control Parameters" it lists:
    level port, level code, range low, range high, etc.. but no "level function"

Thanks again.